Friday, February 18, 2011

RE: Mission

Regarding the information I was presented with on Sunday past...She wasn't given the quintessential "Your mission, should you choose to accept it."  How could she possibly accept another mission in the middle of everything else she needs to do? 

How could she not?  Accept it.  What's the alternative?

Regarding the mission.  The fight.  The effort.  The journey from staying alive to living again.  I am not the one doing the fighting and just knowing her heart fills me with immeasurable optimism.

Regarding the mission from here to there.  From healthy to cured.  Unaware to survivor.  She is already planning the retreat of her enemy.

Here is my response.  Her people are going to help her live.  Her people are the reason she is going to live.
Consider this response final and please don't burden me with further questions. 

RE: Mission. 





Author's note:  This one was for my friend, who is in the MiddleBit of the fight of her life.  I can't hug you, or come do your laundry, or make a Starbucks run for you, or drive you all over town and I don't even know what to say about that.  But, since I always have something to say about everything...stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment