I've learned some things in 2010. I've been reminded of some things in 2010. I've come to a clearer understanding of some things in 2010. Part highlight reel, part summary statement, part points to ponder, part stuff I can't let myself forget. Here's 10 for 2010.
1. A shower is not always about getting clean. Sometimes it's about being behind two closed doors, locked of course. Sometimes it's about being wet and unavailable so those people who needs things either have to wait...or figure it out themselves. Sometimes it's about taking a little bit of time for yourself...to wash your body and clear your head.
2. If you have time to worry about not having time, then you have time.
3. Want is not about need...BUT you'd better figure out a way to want what you need. This year I learned a lot about what I really need. He is one of those things.
4. Spooning is nice. But so is forking. Wink wink.
6. You must be present to win.
7. The things you do most of the time are what make you who you are. There will be epic fails. There will be days where one thing after another goes wrong. There will be weeks where your weight is up, your mood is down, your plate is full and your luck runs out. But that's not most of the time.
8. You can hold your breath, but you cannot pretend you don't breathe.
9. Lead or be led. But don't just go.
10. The way you do anything, is the way you do everything.