Friday, January 1, 2010

What You DO Is Who You BE


For me?  What's my plan of actions for this year?  What are my resolutions?  They all revolve around getting comfortable.  Making some changes.  Because that's why anyone makes a change.  When you decide what you are is uncomfortable you shift, or move, or get up, get out and get on with it.  There are a few things in my life that make me uncomfortable.  The kind of uncomfortable that ranges from the casual pins and needles annoying that makes you shake out your sleeping foot to the sharp pain of someone's stiletto in your palm that makes you knock them off their Manolos.  And since I have no plans to let any part of my being, including my foot, sleep through 2010 and should I ever encounter someone deluded enough to wear Manolos in this ecomony I certainly would not bow down to them and let them step on my hand I plan do something differently this year so I can be comfortable.  I'll keep you posted...literally.  


For you?  First, make resolutions about doing something differently this year and NOT about being something different. It's backwards to think that people do certain things because of who or what they are.  What's really true is that people become what and who they are because of what they do.  If you want to be a healthier person, start acting like one and you will be.  If you want to be a thinner person, start acting like one and you will become one.  If you want to be an organized person, this is your lucky month because among many other things that most notably include wife and mother, I am also a professional organizer and you can come back  to TheMiddleBit everyday for the entire month of January for a new suggestion on how to do something in your home a bit differently to become more organized.

Your doing makes your being.  What will you do?  What will you be?  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment