Tuesday, December 15, 2009

If You're Happy and You Know It...


Ok.  So I wasn't going to do this.  But it's my blog and I can write whatever makes me feel good.  AND THIS MAKES ME FEEL SOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!  Whew!  Breath.






SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As of the middle of last week, when you type "The Middle Bit" in the Google search bar, my blog is the first hit!  WooHoo!   I keep searching it again and again because selfishly I love to see that my bit is now the first bit and secretly I'm afraid somehow it will stop working.

For the past few months I have been carving out a very selfish 30 minutes every few days to compose my thoughts.   That time is my time and I'm owed it for all the time I spend on everyone else.  That time is spent collecting my thoughts and ideas, my musings, rantings and witty attempts at poetry and putting them out there because I feel they are mostly worthy of your time.  Sounds very self-centered.  Noted.

I have come to realize that the only way to have a centered self, to feel good about what's left of my core after I take care of everyone else, is to be a bit self-centered once in awhile.  My self has weight that tips the scale back to level when I start leaning so far over with everyone else's needs that I'm feeling out of balance.  My selfless acts pile up on me sometimes and I begin to see less and less of my self.  The Middle Bit is the self-centered bulls eye right in the midst of it all that reminds me that I'm still here.

Who claps for me?  Today?  Some of you.  Thanks.  Google.com(and apparently google.uk and google.fr)  WooHoo!  And me.  I'm happy and I know it!  The best things happen in the middle.

3 comments:

  1. awahoooo.... wait to hold a space for yourself in the middle of a whirlwind... wahooo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are looking for natural remedies for chronic pain, anxiety, and other conditions, Buy CBD products from Atmos CBD.
    CBD shop in Houston TX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Make complete use of solar energy! Find here Solar Power Panel, Solar Panel Power manufacturers, suppliers & exporters in Bangalore.
    Solar Panel Manufacturers in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete