Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Excercise Carol


The thought was...I'll escape from my routine for just a little while today and give myslef some time to take care of ME.  Get in a workout!  Seemed like a good idea at the time but barely 45 seconds into my punishment at the hands of an old Tae-Bo dvd all I could think about was one of my favorite Christmas carols...

Said the night wind to the little lamb...

   I'm not in my normal excercise space today.  This one has beautiful sunlight streaming in from all directions and it makes a wonderful reflective surface of the large TV I'm jumping, kicking and punching in front of.  What I see is inspiring.  I am getting a rather self-centerd kick out of looking at my nicely toned arms pumping and driving those teeny hand weights towards the ceiling.  Michele Obama eat your heart out!!!  Do you see what I see?  When reality hits, that large reflective surface I was SO loving 3 minutes ago begins to reflect things like the skin from 3 pregnancies hanging over my waistband and a face so red from huffing and puffing my way to Christmas bliss that Santa may forgo Rudolph this year and let "Nancy the red faced mommy" lead the troops! 

Said the little lamb to the shepherd boy...

   There's a beautifully decorated Christmas tree in my excercise space today.  One adorned with large jingly things that sparkle with the festive air they lend to the tree.  Do you hear what I hear?  That soft jingle each time I jump and let fly my round house kick makes me feel a bit like a Christmas ninja. 

Said the sheperd boy to the mighty king...

   There's a lot less of me than there has been in Christmases past.  Over the last year I have reinvented my body and for the first time in my whole life feel like my outside truly matches my inside.  Five clothing sizes and more than 40 pounds later I am less of a woman than I used to be.  Do you know what I know?  Here is what I know...it is particularly unnerving how my activity on this day makes this gorgeous Christmas tree shake and shudder like a Southern California spruce during the big quake of 1994.
  
Said the king to the people everywhere...

   In this season of crazy, busy, errands, get ready for company, clean up from company, pack, un-pack, shop, hide, wrap, unwrap, list, bake, burn, re-bake, slice bread, slice finger, drop bread butter side down, pour milk, clean up spilled milk, get directions, get lost, get there late, pick up, drop off, have yourself a merry little Christmas you must know this.  Find yourself some time to move your body.  We spend alot of time sweating the small stuff during the holidaze.  Listen to what I say!!!  Its nice to have a good reason to sweat!

2 comments:

  1. If you are looking for natural remedies for chronic pain, anxiety, and other conditions, Buy CBD products from Atmos CBD.
    CBD shop in Houston TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make complete use of solar energy! Find here Solar Power Panel, Solar Panel Power manufacturers, suppliers & exporters in Bangalore.
    Solar Panel Manufacturers in Bangalore

    ReplyDelete