Monday, February 15, 2010

Olympic Fun and Games

I am a self diagnosed Olympics addict!  Volleyball and diving in August or skiing and sledding in February, I love it all.  For the next 2 weeks I will be parked in front of the television getting my money's worth out of the check I send to the satellite company every month, watching every minute of TV coverage.  I don't care which event it is, I don't care which country is the favorite or who is racing down the track...I'll be watching it.  I regularly cry at those short pieces the networks put together on scenery, event history, athlete's personal stories...they destroy me, I weep at all of it.  I watch every single televised medal ceremony and I'm simply overcome with pride for all the medal winners.  I am getting goosebumps right now just thinking about it.  I actually need tissues to get through the parade of nations.  Pathetic.  I know. 

I have now watched the Opening Ceremonies, all 4+ hours of it, twice.  When I watched it with my girls, they really got into the spirit.  Minnie was particularly fascinated by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police.  After they marched across the ice carrying the flag, she marched around the corner and came back dressed as one of them yelling, "Mounty!  Mounty!"


Not to be outdone, Mona got her grove on with an aboriginal dance complete with headdress.
 

Marge decided, in a last minute effort to not be left out of the action, to don her winter gear and Mommy's sunglasses and channel the super cool, pink haired styling of Freestyle Skier Shannon Bahrke.
 


I love the Olympic Games!  Love!  This will not be the last you hear from me on this topic!  Love!

1 comment:

  1. Finally, someone else who gets how I feel about the Olympics!! I spent the past two weeks updating practically everyone I spoke with about what was going on with the Olympics. Now that they're over, I'm a little at a loss what to do with my time in the evenings... and yes, I know how sad that is.

    ReplyDelete