Sunday, September 11, 2011

Where?


Today everyone's talking about it.  Writing about it.  Thinking about it.  And I don't even know what to say.  So I am not going to say anything.

It's not that I don't think its important.  Truly.  I think it's a very important question, "Where were you...?"

I have an answer to that question.  Everyone does.  Everyone.

It's just that I think a more pertinent question is, "Where are you now?"

I am here.  In the Middle.  With the man who was with me back on that day, and three little girls who have come along since then. 

Here.  On the parade route with three little girls who stood up and waved their flags and sang the national anthem.

Here.  Happier.  Healthier.  More connected.  More grounded.

Everyone who was alive on that day has traveled from there to Here. 

Where are you now?  That's what I'd like to know...


No comments:

Post a Comment